Reports To: Director of Operations
Based At: 375 Centre St, Winnipeg MB (possible other locations as required)
Job Purpose: To grow the personal lines department of the corporation through leadership of our team and to expand the overall brand of Avant Insurance Brokers Ltd. in the Winnipeg and Manitoba market.
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
- Train and coach team members in area of responsibility
- Plan and manage personal lines business portfolio according to an agreed market development strategy
- Maintain and develop existing and new customers through appropriate propositions and ethical sales methods, and relevant internal liaison, to optimize quality of service, business growth, and customer satisfaction.
- Use customer and prospect contact activities tools and systems (TAM), and update relevant information held in these systems.
- Plan/carry out/support local marketing activities to agreed budgets and timescales, and integrate your team and personal efforts with other organized marketing activities, e.g., product launches, promotions, advertising, exhibitions and telemarketing.
- Organize and coach team to respond to requests for quotations or inquiries from personal lines prospects
- Monitor and report on market and competitor activities and provide relevant reports and information to team of responsibility at regular personal lines huddles.
- Record, analyze, report and administer policies according to systems and requirements.
- Record, analyze, report and administer coaching and relevant staffing information to management
- Communicate, liaise, and negotiate internally and externally using appropriate methods to facilitate the development of profitable business and sustainable relationships.
- Attend training and to develop relevant knowledge, techniques and skills, and to maintain a superior level of industry knowledge and required licensing hours.
- Impart knowledge to our team and communicate suggestions on improvements to management
- Adhere to corporate policies and ensure staff adheres to policies as assigned by management
- As our company grows, assist with integration of new offices and new staff including training, culture reinforcement and social team building activities
- Other duties as assigned by management
Measures of Success:
- High results from the team of responsibility on Office Vibe surveys and employee discussions
- Developing a personal lines and Autopac book of business at our new office
- Satisfactory levels of customer service satisfaction through surveys and client interviews
- Cultivating an independent, well trained personal lines team to ensure client satisfaction & profitability
- High level reputation of our office and our brand in the neighbourhoods we operate in.
Ideal candidates will have:
- Ability to be proactive and generate new clients
- Experience in leading a team in a dynamic, high energy environment
- Have experience with home, auto and boat insurance in Manitoba
- Willing to work independently and with a team
- Experience with Tam an asset
- Multilingualism an asset
- Candidates will be required to confirm vaccination status for Covid-19 as a condition of employment